Chef coat isn’t just a uniform, it is something used to be worn by all the professional chefs. In most of the kitchens of restaurants, hotels and eating joints, professional chefs just love to cook in their uniform. Not only a chef coat, they have certain reasons to wear hats and pants as well that serves their certain functions. Since many years, chefs have been wearing a particular type of uniform as there are hardly any changes found in the design of chef coats.
In the hospitality industry, there are the certain color combination and a particular type of design are made that ensures the practical and safety functions to serve. Some modifications in the chef’s coat is made to give it a unique style so that the chefs can feasibly cook in their kitchen which is designed for cleanliness and safety.
Purpose of a Chef Coat:
- Chef coats often come in a white color which is a symbol of purity and cleanliness that’s the reason why it was chosen for chefs uniform. These coats can be easily cleaned and bleached as well as can be reversed that allows a chef to wear if it gets stained.
- It comes in the double coating that makes it a perfect safety shield and prevents from heat and burns.
- Long sleeves of the chef coat protect the chef from oil spills or other liquids.
- The buttons are made of cloth so they will not melt easily or change their shape.
- Generally, chef coats are made of cotton that makes it heat and fire resistant by remaining the coolness while working in the kitchen the entire day.
- It gives a style to the ultra-modern kitchen.
- Some chef coats are designed by the professional designers so that enables in keeping the charm of chef coats alive for a long time period.
Impression of a Chef Coat on Guests:
A hat, coat and pants and gloves in hands completes a chef uniform and also, helps in building a reputed image. A chef looks like a chef only if he wears a coat, hat scarf, apron, belt, gloves and shoes. People associate this uniform with chefs and expect them to wear their uniform before preparing a dish for them. Jackets are worn while preparing sumptuous food comfortably without any risk of the oil spill or get in contact with the heat.
Chefs always stand out in the crowd by wearing the white coats. This uniform is also important to get the respect they deserve being a chef which makes them a crucial part of their life to improve performance and customer satisfaction.